Insight: Install Battle For Wesnoth In Ubuntu : Tactical Strategy Game For Linux
The Battle for Wesnoth is a Free, cross-platform turn-based tactical strategy game. It has both single-player, and online/hotseat multiplayer features.
Features Of The Game:
- Units hand-animated in a vibrant pixel art style, with semi-realistic portraits used for dialog.
- 17 singleplayer campaigns and 55 multiplayer maps to choose from.
- Over 200 unit types in seven major factions, all with distinctive abilities, weapons and spells.
- 30 different languages.
- Highly moddable engine combining WML and Lua scripting
- Tons of player-made content available from the official add-ons server: new campaigns, factions, and multiplayer maps with new and unique mechanics and artwork.
System Requirements For The Game:
Operating system: Ubuntu 16.04 ( minimum)
CPU: Dual-core 2.0 GHz or better
RAM: 2 GB
Disk: 800 MB+
Graphics: 800×600 screen or more
How to Install Battle for Wesnoth in Ubuntu
An unofficial PPA is available for Ubuntu. Run the following commands to add PPA and install Ubuntu:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:vincent-c/wesnoth sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install wesnoth-1.14
or, download the game from the official website:
Meanwhile, you can also play the game in Steam.