Hi! We’re Strategy11. We are the company behind Formidable Forms, Business Directory Plugin, and our newly acquired WP Tasty Plugin. No matter what product we’re working on, our goal is to make big projects possible without big resources and make complex tasks simple. Our software is running on almost 400,000 websites, and our team is growing fast. We have tons of big plans for the future and would love for you to be a part of it.
As a Copywriter at Strategy11, you’re responsible for communicating how cool our products are to new and existing users. You will be a marketing strategist, creative storyteller, SEO expert, and unique content crafter.
To love this role, here’s the type of person you are:
· You have the ability to research and understand technical concepts and then explain them in simple terms to people who aren’t tech-savvy.
· You enjoy leading others and offering feedback on their work.
· You’re comfortable with accepting critical feedback without taking it personally.
· You’re a self-starter who loves taking the initiative to solve problems and learn new skills and are comfortable working
with minimal direction.
· You take pride in the quality and craftsmanship of your work rather than just doing it to get it done.
· You’re an excellent communicator who makes sure nothing slips through the cracks.
· You’re passionate about leaving your mark on the web for all to see.
· You enjoy helping others on your team succeed.
Common responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
· Writing and self-editing blog posts that are engaging, actionable, error-free, and follow our style guide.
· Creating your own screenshots for each blog post.
· Conducting keyword research to identify target keywords and using those keywords to plan, structure, and optimize
· Planning blog calendars in Asana and keeping ahead of schedule with minimal oversight.
· Monitoring SEO rankings and optimizing existing content to boost traffic and conversions.
· Working closely with developers and support team members to write new feature announcements.
· Writing email newsletters and automated campaigns and sending them using Active Campaign.
· Writing intriguing headlines, UX content, and landing pages.
Here are the skills and experience that will come in handy:
· WordPress Experience: You’re comfortable with writing and formatting posts and pages, troubleshooting errors, etc.
· Writing and Editing: You can write a well-structured article with impeccable grammar and spelling in a conversational
tone. You can edit and proofread your own work to eliminate careless errors instead of relying on an editor to fix them
· Image Editing: You can efficiently take screenshots, resize and crop images, add text, borders, or other elements,
compress images, and upload and format them in WordPress so that they are clear, useful, and look good.
· Basic SEO: You understand what SEO is and why it’s important. You know how to research keyword volume and
search intent and how to use keywords in your content without keyword stuffing effectively.
· Basic HTML: You can use the text editor in WordPress to add link attributes and do basic formatting of lists,
subheadings, etc., with HTML.
· Time Management: You’re able to juggle multiple tasks and projects and prioritize your work effectively to meet all
· Marketing Experience: You have a compelling portfolio that demonstrates high-quality copywriting and imaginative
headlines within a variety of advertising campaigns and digital content.
Bonus points if you also have:
· Examples of high-ranking SEO content you’ve written.
· Copywriting and/or email marketing experience with proven results.
· Graphic design experience creating featured images, infographics, etc.
What we offer:
Working for a fast-growing bootstrapped company is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are challenging but also come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. Here’s what we offer.
· Competitive Salary.
· Work from your home. We’re spread out all over the world – United States, Africa, Ireland, Philippines, and more.
· Unlimited PTO after 60 days of employment. We encourage employees to take the time they need for vacation, to
stay healthy, and to spend time with friends and family.
· We happily provide or reimburse software you’ll need as well as books or courses that promote continued learning.
· We give you the opportunity to solve challenging and meaningful problems that make a difference.
· Ability to work with some of the best people in the business through frequent interactions.
· And in case you were wondering: no politics, no b.s., and no jerks.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://jobs.wordpress.net/job/marketing-copywriter-remote-2/→