As part of Incsub, since 2006, WPMU DEV, with its’ award-winning WordPress plugins, hosting, world-beating support and site management tools, has helped millions of web developers, freelancers and agencies run and grow their businesses.
Are you tech-oriented and love to work from home? Do you like coding and helping people?
Then this is your chance to make a difference. Stop dreaming about tomorrow; join our team at WPMU DEV and let it be the biggest change in your growth today.
Our talented, inspirational team is located globally, with team members working from every continent. Location is unimportant as long as you are available and enthusiastic. Our team members work in shifts, and we aim to provide 24/7 coverage to our customers.
We’re looking for a person that will be able to also work on weekends and available to work on the following schedules:
* 4:00 pm – 12:00 am UTC
At WPMU DEV, we power and host websites used by millions of users every single day. We’re looking for experienced WordPress Support Specialists who can join our team in our quest to offer the best support in the WordPress ecosystem. You’d need to be polite, patient and understanding with our customers.
The role involves:
* Supporting our awesome members and customers
* Responding to customers who report issues with their website(s), plugins or hosting services and handling/debugging issues (promptly)
* Hanging out in the WordPress.org forums – being massively friendly, helpful, and useful
* Helping customers with their WordPress problems by logging into their websites, diagnosing issues and offering solutions.
* Writing clear and helpful responses to customer queries via email, chat and our forum.
* Providing knowledgeable recommendations for solutions to handle customer feature requests.
* Providing our developers and Second Level Support Team with clear and detailed bug reports for escalation.
* Properly document & summarize tests or troubleshooting steps for communicating both with customers and colleagues.
* Assisting with and solving all manner of WordPress questions with style!
* Being an active part of the Incsub team.
* Reach for the skies; we have many challenges and opportunities for those who aspire to do more!
* Essential attributes and experience required:
* At least 2+ years of experience with WordPress.
* Ability to code using PHP, CSS, MySQL and HTML.
* Good knowledge of the WordPress platform and WordPress hooks & filters
* Ability to diagnose WordPress issues by isolating potential factors and providing resolution
* An understanding of browser console errors and debugging via developer tools
* Attention to detail and aptitude for problem-solving
* Great interpersonal communication skills, being kind, supportive, and all-around friendly
* Being a great team player, keen on working in an expanding, motivated, distributed support team
* Love for impressive response times, typing speed (it matters), and the ability to produce quality work between deadlines
* Fluent in English to communicate effectively.
* Ability to work full-time (40 hours/week)
WordPress, Technical Support, Customer Support, Communication, PHP, CSS, MySQL, HTML
Why Join us?
* Growth-oriented culture.
* Excellent compensation with competitive benefits and rejuvenation time-off.
* Flexible work environment.
* Training, tools and support will be provided to help you to perform your job.
* Limitless learning opportunities by working with cutting-edge tech stacks and a diverse, talented team.
* 28 days of paid leave per annum (up to 35 days).
* Opportunities for paid travel to attend WordCamps and other industry conferences.
* Long service leaves (3 months off paid) after you’ve been with us for 10 years.
* Annual bonus based on company growth targets
* Technology budget that can help you upgrade the tools you use for your job; the longer you serve, the higher the budget.
* General expenses budget yearly that can be used to help you become more productive; the longer you work, the more you get.
What should I do now?
If you would like to be a part of our company and feel that your values match ours, submit your application along with a copy of your CV and the completed WordPress Support Specialist Task, and we’ll get in touch. It’s that simple!
Our hiring process includes the attached task and an interview with our management team, enclosing a 2nd task. If a candidate successfully passes the interview stage, they will be offered a paid employment trial of 4-6 weeks before being offered a more permanent role.
* Applications must include the completed task sheet to be assessed.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://jobs.wordpress.net/job/wordpress-support-specialist-php-mysql-css-html-2/→