Insight: Best Database Management Systems for Linux in 2021
Let’s dig into the list of some of the top and the best database management systems for Linux based operating system.
Quick List Of Best Database Management Systems For Linux
- Oracle Database: Oracle database is one of the popular and widely used enterprise-level database management software. It is most advanced and heavyweight database software.
- MySQL: MySQL is one of the most popular and widely-used open source and free database application. It uses InnoDB as the default storage engine. It’s an open source relational database management software.
- MongoDB: MongoDB is another popular database management software. MongoDB offers both an Enterprise and Community version of its powerful non-relational database. MongoDB stores data in flexible, JSON-like documents, meaning fields can vary from document to document and data structure can be changed over time. MongoDB is free to use database management software.
- Firebird: It is one of the popular open-source database management software which is based on a relational database model. Firebird offers excellent concurrency, high performance, and powerful language support for stored procedures and triggers.
- PostgreSQL: PostgreSQL is a powerful, open source object-relational database system that uses and extends the SQL language combined with many features that safely store and scale the most complicated data workloads.
- MariaDB: How can we miss MariaDB in our list. MariaDB Server is one of the most popular database servers right now. It is developed by the original developers of MySQL. MariaDB turns data into structured information in a wide array of applications, ranging from banking to websites. It is an enhanced, drop-in replacement for MySQL. MariaDB is developed as open-source software and as a relational database it provides an SQL interface for accessing data. The latest versions of MariaDB also include GIS and JSON features.
- CUBRID: Cubrid is a free, open-source relational database management engine, with built-in enterprise grade features. It provides unique powerful features, such as object-oriented database elements relations, data sharding, a native middleware broker, high-performance data caching, customizable and extendible globalization support. Not the least, it provides a high level of SQL compatibility with MySQL and other known databases.
- SQLite: SQLite is a lightweight database management software. It is one of the most used database engine right now in the world as SQLite is built into all mobile phones and most computers.