elementary unveiled elementary OS 6.1. This is the first point-release in the 6.x series. elementary OS 6.1 is based on Ubuntu 20.04.3 and powered by Linux kernel 5.11. It includes all of the monthly OS updates since the OS 6 release.
What’s New On elementary OS 6.1?
- You can currently find over 90 curated apps in AppCenter.
- The Application Launcher now lets you search for bookmarked folders and locations.
- Videos now support two-finger-swipe to go back
- You can see new improvements in the file manager. You can drag-and-drop to the sidebar; drag-to-select multiple groups of files using the
- Category views (like Audio or System) are now shown with a more space-efficient grid view. You can also see the separate sections for paid, free, and non-curated apps (if you’ve added a third-party remote like Flathub) categories.
- Now Power indicator shows brightness level when scrolled
- In the File Chooser portal, you will see new functionality like a New Folder action, a drop-down to filter the types of files shown, and an option to restrict the requesting app’s access to a read-only version of the opened file.
- Dark style preference is now more widely respected across desktops.
- On the Login & Lock screen, users can use the user’s selected accent color for the logged-in checkmark for an additional splash of accent color.
- The defaults wallpaper is switched over to the dark variant of the OS 6 wallpaper
- An issue that caused the “Use this display” switch to fail in certain multi-display setups has been fixed.
- elementary OS 6 featured a brand new version of Mail built around EDS instead of the Geary mail engine.
Download elementary OS 6.1 “Jólnir” ISO
If you’re already using elementary OS 6 Odin, you’ll get the update to OS 6.1 Jólnir and for the new user, you can get your copy of ISO from the link below.