Last Updated on
The good news for Linux Mint users as Linux Mint 20.2 is now available to download. Linux Mint 20.2 is a long-term support release and it is supported until 2025.
Linux Mint 20.2 “Uma” is based on Ubuntu 20.04 LT. The latest version of Linux Mint 20.2 comes with updated software and new features to make your desktop experience more comfortable.
Linux Mint 20.2 Now Available
- The Update Manager on Linux Mint 20.2 now supports Cinnamon spice updates.
- A new application called Bulky to bulk rename files is installed by default in Linux Mint 20.2.
- Sticky Notes replaces GNote as the default application for taking notes.
- In Linux Mint 20.2 you will see Warpinator. With Warpinator you can transfer files from computer to computer across the local network along with your phone and tablet too.
- Linux Mint 20.2 uses Cinnamon 5.0 desktop environment.
- In Nemo 5.0 you can combine file search and content search.
- In Linux Mint 20.2, HPLIP was upgraded to version 3.21.2 to bring the latest support for HP printers and scanners, and the latest versions of ipp-usb and sane-airscan were also backported and are available in the Linux Mint 20.2 repositories.
- The image viewer now supports .svgz images and its slideshow mode can be paused/resumed with the space bar.
- Linux Mint 20.2 ships with Linux-firmware 1.187 and the Linux kernel 5.4.
- Linux Mint 20.2 will receive security updates until 2025.
Download the Linux Mint 20.2 “Uma” From Here.