Xfce 4.18 Desktop environment is now available for download. It was in development for almost two years. There is plenty of new Xfce features and improvements.
Let’s have a look at the overview of the major changes you will see on Xfce 4.18. Xfce 4.18 is packed with lots of new features and improvements.
What’s New On Xfce 4.18?
- Thunar is Xfce’s default file manager. You can find the new feature on Thunar such as two image preview side panes, a new Split View, and recursive search. In Xfce 4.18 You can undo or redo basic file operations. For directories, the count of containing files can now be displayed in the size column.
- Appfinder got support for the ‘PrefersNonDefaultGPU’ property, which is useful for systems with hybrid graphic cards.
- Improved support for UI scaling and fix for many blurry icons.
- Xfce’s workspace setting will now work with other window managers.
- The new Clock plugin received a new binary time mode now and provides a sleep monitor.
- Tumbler and Thunar now support shared thumbnail repositories