Insight: List of best free video editing software for Linux in 2018.
Hello everyone, let’s check out the some of the best free video editing software for Linux in 2018. There are plenty of video editing software available but we have shortlisted some of the best video editing tools for Linux.
Best Free Video Editing Software For Linux In 2018
Kdenlive is a free and open-source video editing software. It is also one of the popular editing tool for Linux. Kdenlive is based on the MLT Framework, KDE and Qt. Kdenlive allows you to use and arrange several audio and video tracks. It also supports almost all of the audio and video formats.
Install Kdenlive on Ubuntu and Debian based distributions using following command:
sudo apt install kdenlive
Shotcut is another popular video editing software available for Linux. Some of the features of the Shotcut are:
- Support for the latest audio and video formats thanks to FFmpeg
- Multi-format timeline: mix and match resolutions and frame rates within a project
- Support for 4K resolutions
- Audio filters:
Balance, Bass & Treble, Band Pass, Compressor, Copy Channel, Delay, Downmix, Expander, Gain, High Pass, Limiter, Low Pass, Normlize: One Pass, Normalize: Two Pass, Notch, Pan, Reverb, Swap Channels
- Audio mixing across all tracks
- Video compositing across video tracks
- External monitoring via Blackmagic Decklink card on NTSC monitor
Install Shotcut in Ubuntu using snap:
snap install shotcut --classic
OpenShot is a cross-platform video editor, with support for Linux, Mac, and Windows.
Some of the features of OpenShot are:
- Cross-platform video editing software (Linux, Mac, and Windows)
- Clip resizing, scaling, trimming, snapping, rotation, and cutting
- Video transitions with real-time previews
- 3D animated titles (and effects)
- Digital video effects, including brightness, gamma, hue, greyscale, chroma key (bluescreen / greenscreen) , and many more.
Install OpenShot in Ubuntu using following commands:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:openshot.developers/ppa $ sudo apt-get update $ sudo apt-get install openshot-qt
Vidcutter is a simple video editor for Linux. There are multiple way to install Vidcutter in Linux.
Install Vidcutter In Ubuntu using Snap:
sudo snap install vidcutter
Blender is a popular name in animation business. Blender is the free and open source 3D creation suite. At the time of this article writing, Blender 2.79 is available for download. Some of the features in latest version of Blender are:
- PBR Shader
- Shadow Catcher
- Filmic Color Management
- Faster AMD OpenCL
- Over 700 bugs fixed
- so much more!
We are regularly updating this list 🙂
Please share and spread our work.