Best Bug Bounty Guide For Beginner Bounty Hunters
If you’re interested in learning more about bug bounty programs and starting a career as a bug bounty hunter, this tutorial is for you. In this post, we’ll go over some fundamental facts, how-tos, and bug bounty programs for bug bounty hunters who are new to the game of bounty hunting.
Bug Bounty Guide For Beginner | Bug Bounty Tutorials
What Is Bug Bounty Program?
In a simple definition, the Bug bounty program is a reward program from various organizations for reporting the bugs or any security issues in their platform. A bug bounty program allows anyone to get rewards for reporting bugs. Big companies like Google, Facebook, and Microsoft, give you a big reward just for reporting critical security vulnerabilities in their services. You will get a good amount of money for reporting vulnerabilities, bugs, or any possible error in the respective applications that contain confidential information to the company or its customers.
Highest Paying Top Bug Bounty Programs In 2021
List of some of the highest paying bug bounty programs.
- Facebook: Users can report a security issue or bugs on Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, etc. Facebook bounty amount starts from $500 with no upper limit.
- Google: You can report bugs on .google.com, .blogger, youtube.com.Minimum Payout. Google will pay $300 to $31.337 as a bounty amount.
- Microsoft: For eligible bugs or issues, Microsoft provides bounty amounts starting from $15,000 to $250,000.
- Intel: Intel offers a minimum amount of $500 for finding bugs in their system and can reach up to $30,000.
- Snapchat: Snapchat provides bounty amounts from $2000 to $15000 for the eligible vulnerability reports.
- Dropbox: Dropbox bounty program allows users to receive bounty amounts from $12,167 to $32,768 for the successful reporting of bugs and vulnerabilities on the third-party service HackerOne.
- Quora: In the Quora Bug Bounty program, you might get a chance to receive a bounty that amounts from $100 to $7000 for the reporting of the security vulnerabilities.
- Mozilla: Mozilla rewards for vulnerability discoveries in Mozilla services, such as Firefox, Thunderbird, and other related applications and services. The minimum amount given by Firefox is $500 and the maximum amount is $5000.
- Apple: The company will pay the exciting amount for the bounty hunter. There are not any fixed minimum rewards but the company will pay the maximum amount of $200,000 for security issues affecting its firmware.
- Twitter: Twitter provides bounty amounts from $140 to $15000 to security researchers and experts for finding possible security vulnerabilities in their services.
- OpenSSL: OpenSSL pays minimum bounty rewards of $500 to a maximum of $5000 for the reporting of the bugs and the issues.
- HackerOne: HackerOne is one of the biggest bug bounty platforms that help companies like Yahoo, Shopify, PHP, Google, and Snapchat, to give a reward to security researchers and ethical hackers.
Useful Online Bug Bounty Courses
CNIT 127: Exploit Development: Free bug bounty course where you can learn how to find vulnerabilities and exploit them to gain control of target systems, including Linux, Windows, Mac, and Cisco.
Instagram Ethical Hacking, Account Security, & Bug Bounties: Course where you can learn how to protect your Instagram account, and processes to use for finding vulnerabilities in Instagram which pay bug bounties for you.
Advance Bug Bounty Hunting & Penetration Testing Course 2021: Take this course to learn and upgrade your Bug Bounty hunting technique & penetration testing skills with advanced methods.
Software Testing Foundations: Bug Writing and Management: Learn this course to write better bugs and learn best practices for identifying, documenting, and tracking issues discovered during software testing.
Burp Suite Bug Bounty Web Hacking from Scratch: In this course, You will set up a lab environment to practice Bug Bounty Web Hacking,