If you’re interested in learning more about bug bounty schemes in 2022, this blog post is for you. We’ll go over some of the greatest bug bounty programs for bug bounty hunters in this blog.
What Is Bug Bounty Program?
Anyone can participate in a bug bounty program and get compensated for reporting bugs. You will be rewarded for reporting vulnerabilities, bugs, or any other conceivable problem in the company’s or its customers’ apps that hold private information. Companies such as Google, Microsoft, and Facebook will compensate you handsomely simply for disclosing significant security flaws in their products.
Top Bug Bounty Programs For Everyone In 2022
Facebook Bug Bounty Programs In 2022:
Let’s start with one of Facebook’s most popular bug bounty programs. The Facebook bug bounty program is popular among beginners. The minimum reward from Facebook for reporting successful bugs is USD 500.
Under the Facebook bug bounty program, you can report bugs on:
- Express Wi-Fi
Open source projects by Facebook
Go through this link to know more and apply to Facebook Bug Bounty Program
Google Bug Bounty Programs In 2022:
Another popular bug bounty program from the search giant offers rewards for qualifying bugs ranging from $100 to $31,337. Under the Google bug bounty program, you can report bugs on:
Now, the vulnerabilities in the Google Cloud Platform are also eligible for additional rewards under the GCP VRP Prize with a top prize of $133,337.
If you want to report a bug or want to know more about the Google bug bounty program then you can go through this link Google Bug Bounty Program
Snapchat Bug Bounty Programs In 2022 :
Snapchat is also offering a reward amount for reporting bugs and issues on its platform. They will pay $2000 to $15000 under this bug bounty program.
Click on this link and know more about Snapchat Bug Bounty Program
Yahoo Bug Bounty Programs:
Yahoo also has a dedicated bug bounty program where you can get an exciting amount for reporting bugs and reports. Under the Yahoo bug bounty program, you will get rewards from $100 to $15000.
Apply now for Yahoo Bug Bounty Program
Apple Bug Bounty Programs:
Apple bug bounty program has one of the highest rewards in this industry as Apple will provide a reward for security or privacy vulnerability that affects Apple devices, software, services, or web servers. The highest bounty given by Apple is $200,000.
Know more about Bug Bounty Program by Apple from here.
Microsoft Bug Bounty Programs:
If you are a security researcher or any random user that has found a vulnerability in Microsoft products or services that is within the scope of one of our bounty programs then you might get a reward amount of up to $250,000.
Submit your bugs from this link Microsoft Bug Bounty Program.
Paypal Bug Bounty Programs:
Popular payment company Paypal will pay you $100 to $20,000 for the successful reporting of the bugs in their services. The Paypal bug bounty program covers the following Paypal associates:
- Braintree Payments
- Swift Financial/ Loanbuilder
Know more about Paypal Bug Bounty Program
Quora Bug Bounty Programs:
Quora will give you $100 to $7000 for reporting the eligible bugs or security issues on their platform. The maximum payout offered by the Quora bug bounty program is $7000.
Know more about the Quora bug bounty program from here.
Mozilla Bug Bounty Programs:
The Mozilla Security Bug Bounty Program is also one of the popular bug bounty programs despite its low reward. In order to be eligible, your security bug must be original and previously unreported. Mozilla manages two different bug bounty programs right now as one of them focuses on Firefox and other Mozilla applications and the other programs cover our websites and services. Mozilla is paying a maximum of $5000 for the rewards.
Know more about Mozilla Bug Bounty Program
Twitter Bug Bounty Programs:
Leading micro-blogging and social networking platform Twitter also has its own bug bounty program. Twitter pays $140 to $ 15000 for successful reporting of possible security vulnerabilities in their services.
Know more about Twitter Bug Bounty Program.
Avast Bug Bounty Programs:
Popular antivirus software company Avast is also running its own bug bounty program where it pays a minimum amount of $400 per bug
Avast bounty program is designed for security-related bugs only and applies to products from all of the Avast brands, including Avast, AVG, CCleaner, and HMA.
Know more about Avast Bug Bounty Program.
Intel Bug Bounty Programs In 2022:
Intel’s bug bounty program will compensate you for detecting and resolving security flaws in Intel products. Intel will provide a monetary reward ranging from $500 to $100,000 USD.
Meanwhile, there are a few complicated regulations to follow:
- You are reporting in your individual capacity or, if you are employed by a company or other entity and are reporting on behalf of your employer, you have your employer’s written approval to submit a report to Intel’s Bug Bounty program.
- You are at least 18 years of age, and, if considered a minor in your place of residence, you have your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission prior to reporting.
- You are not a resident of a U.S. Government embargoed country.
- You are not on a U.S. Government list of sanctioned individuals.
- You are not currently nor have been an employee of Intel Corporation, or an Intel subsidiary, within 6 months prior to submitting a report.
- You are not currently nor have been under contract to Intel Corporation, or an Intel subsidiary, within 6 months prior to submitting a report.
- You are neither a family nor household member of any individual who currently or within the past 6 months meets or met the criteria listed in the two bullet points directly above.
- You agree to participate in testing mitigation effectiveness and coordinating disclosure/release/publication of your finding with Intel.
- You did not and will not access any personal information that is not your own, including by exploiting the vulnerability.
- You did not and will not violate any applicable law or regulation, including laws prohibiting unauthorized access to information. To clarify, Intel does not view testing that is done in compliance with the terms and conditions of this bug bounty program as unauthorized.
- There may be additional restrictions on your eligibility to participate in the bug bounty depending upon your local laws.
In the Intel bug bounty program, you can report bugs on:
- Microprocessors (inclusive of micro-code ROM + updates)
- Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) components
- Networking/communication components
- Motherboards/systems (e.g., Intel Compute Stick, NUC)
- Solid State Drives (SSD)
- UEFI BIOS (Tiano core components for which Intel is the only named maintainer)
- Intel® Management Engine
- Baseboard Management Controller (BMC)
- Device drivers
- Development tools
Apply through this link for Intel Bug Bounty Program.