Insight: List Of Open Source Cloud Storage Software For Linux In 2023
Let’s have a look at the list of best and open-source cloud storage software for Linux in 2023. You can bookmark this post for future reference.
List Of Open Source Cloud Storage Software For Linux In 2023
1. Nextcloud: It is a suite of client-server software for creating and using file hosting services similar to dropbox. Nextcloud is free and open-source. You can use it and create your own private storage server. Nextcloud does not offer off-premises file storage hosting. You can access data from FTP, SharePoint, Windows Network Drive, NFS, and Object storage.
2. ownCloud: It is a self-hosted file sync and share server. ownCloud offers real data security and privacy for you and your data.
4. Ceph: Initially started by Sage Well, Red Hat brought its development in-house in April 2014.
5. Seafile: Seafile is an open-source file sync&share solution. It is written in C and Python. Some of the features you can find in Seafile are AD/LDAP integration, group syncing, department hierarchy, fine-grained permission control, and many more. You can easily access your file via Seafile mobile clients. Seafile keeps versions for files and snapshots for folders. One of the useful features of Snapshots is that it let you to protect your files against ransomware.
6. GlusterFS: It is a network-attached file storage system. This project is now under Red Hat Inc and integrated Gluster FS with their Red Hat Storage Server, changing its name to Red Hat Gluster Storage.