Nitrux 2.0 is now available to download. Powered by Linux 5.16 kernel series, you can see plenty of improvements and the addition in the new version of Debian-based, systemd-free GNU/Linux distribution Nitrux OS. Nitrux uses the Calamares installer and includes KDE Plasma 5 desktop environment and KDE Applications.
Nitrux 2.0 Is Available For Download
What’s New On Nitrux 2.0?
- Two Linux Kernel is available, One of them is the LTS version and another one in the non-LTS kernel. Currently 5.15.17 and 5.16.3, respectively
- Firefox 96.0 available by default
- LibreOffice version 7.5.2 available by default
- OpenRC configuration is updated to allow TTYs to function in the distribution properly and reduce the default TTYs to two (TTY2 and TTY3)
- Intel and AMD microcode is included as early boot code in the ISO for required systems
- MESA 21.3.5 is included by default
- i945, Nouveau, and AMDGPU drivers are included in the initrd of ISO for systems that require it
- Linux kernel version 5.4 and 5.10 LTS won’t get any updates
- Optional Latte layouts have been updated to include the window controls, title bar, and global menu in the top panel and the window controls in the bottom panel.
- Now users can resize borderless windows from all corners hovering over each corner or using ALT+right-click and moving the cursor
- The size of both ISO files have been reduced to 2.3G and 1.3G for the standard ISO and minimal ISO
Download the Nitrux 2.0 ISO file from this link.