Last Updated on
Ubuntu 20.10 release will reach end of life next month on July 22nd, 2021. Ubuntu 20.10 (Groovy Gorilla) was released almost 9 months ago, on October 22, 2020. Canonical says that Ubuntu Security Notices will no longer include information or updated packages for Ubuntu 20.10.
Ubuntu 20.10 Groovy Gorilla Reaches End Of Life On July 22nd, 2021, Upgrade Now
You can upgrade to Ubuntu 21.04 from Ubuntu 20.10 with the following easy steps.
- At first Run the update-manager application.
- Now you will see the update manager window. You need to click the Settings button, and enter your system password to start the Software Sources application
- Now, you will see software sources application window from where you need to select the Updates sub menu.
- Confirm the “Notify me of a new Ubuntu version:” option is set to “For any new version”, and change it if otherwise.
- Close the Software Sources application and return to Update Manager.
In Update Manager, click the Check button to check for the any new updates.
If there are any updates to install, use the Install Updates button to install them.
Now, Run update-manager -d.
Click Upgrade and follow the on-screen instructions.