Last Updated on August 31, 2020 by itsubuntu
3D Arcade Racer SuperTuxKart 1.2 has been released with new features and improvements. SuperTuxKart is one of the popular open-source kart racing game.
Hardware requirements for the SuperTuxKart:
- A graphics card capable of 3D rendering – NVIDIA GeForce 470 GTX, AMD Radeon 6870 HD series card or Intel HD Graphics 4000 and newer. OpenGL >= 3.3
- You should have a dual-core CPU that’s running at 1 GHz or faster.
- You’ll need at least 512 MB of free VRAM (video memory).
- System memory: 1 GB
- Minimum disk space: 700 MB
Some of the changes and improvements on the new version:
- Support for gamepad hotplugging
- Easier remapping
- New settings to customize the game’s camera
- All official tracks are now included on Android in the release build
- Haiku support
- The game’s window can now be resized in-game without going in the options
- An improved online rating system. Online rankings have been reset to go along with it.
- Three improved karts : a new Kiki kart and improved Pidgin and Puffy karts
- Support for SVG icons
- Add support for IPv6 LAN servers
- Improved server creation speed and performance
- In-game creation of a racing server is now possible on iOS devices
- Team chat for team games
- Most gamepad related bugs have been fixed
3D Arcade Racer SuperTuxKart 1.2 Released: Install It On Ubuntu
How To Install SuperTuxKart On Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
Run the following command to add PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:stk/dev
Update your system with the following command:
sudo apt update
Now, you can install it on SuperTuxKart
sudo apt install supertuxkart
Leave a Comment